Thursday, December 3, 2009

What I want for my children



  • I want them to always know that I love them and I am very glad that they are in my life.

  • I want them to feel secure in our home.

  • I want them to feel like they can come to Lance or myself if they are having a problem.

  • I want them to be successful and productive members of society.

I hope that I will be able to make all these things happen for my kids... I truly want them to have a much better life than what I have had to deal with. I wish that I had been a better child and actually made wise decisions.

When I was a teen there was a girl in my neighborhood that we went to church with but she never really hung out with us. Good reason probably cause we were not the best of kids to be hanging out with. I wanted more to do with boys than actually studying in school and thinking about the future. We use to call this girl a goody goody... but the fact is now I actually envy her. She has a dad and a mom that she knows will always be there for her no matter what. She went to college, from what I can tell had a great experience, and then married in the temple. I on the other hand was kicked out of my dad's house, dropped out of school, and while I have the best husband I could ask for. I think to myself, what if something happened to us or one of our kids? If something happened I would want to know for sure that they were tied to us forever. Funny how much difference ten years can make right?


3 comments:

  1. i'm glad you have a blog. it's fun to keep up with everyone this way. plus i'm kind of a blog junkie...

    p.s. your boys are so cute.

    -amanda (chamberlain)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that in 10 years, we grow up alot!!! I know that in the past 10 years what I have wanted for my family, specifically my children, is so much deeper than I ever could have imagined.

    I am fighting with the my opinion of the church and my husbands, he is Baptist...but in my heart I know that in the end everything will be ok. I know you are a good mom and the fact that you want to be an even better mom proves that!

    Your boys are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It is too cute. Our blog is
    http://strongharleyfamily.blogspot.com
    It is fun to blog. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete